Chit-Chat and Parenting/ Quality time, it’s not about how long it’s about how




If you’re a parent I know you are always struggling about how much time you spend with your kids, it’s really enough? What I’m doing is the right thing to do? Should I spent more time with them?
I’m not a parent, I am a teacher and Nanny, and even I wonder about those things, I’m doing a great job? I’m paying enough attention to the kids, to their needs?
My answer is always the same, it doesn't matter who much time you are spending with them, you can be with them the whole day but if you do not are PRESENT, playing, and doing stuff with them, you aren't doing a good job, I know what you might think, “But I Play with them” but you are truly PRESENT or you are thinking about dinner, checking you phone and your mind is in another place?



 As a Nanny I spend a lot of time with the kids, but I was always in my phone or thinking in something else and I was feeling very guilt about that , till one day I decide to spend quality time with them and I just made 30 minute at day for each kids to play whatever they wanted to, I’m not saying that for the rest of the day I wasn't paying attention, but I divided the time of the day in naps, alone time (for the kids), craft time (not the same as quality time for me), homework time movie time, and park time, those things are activities that I planned for the day, to those activities the kids didn't decided what to do, I decided it, so for 30 minutes at day it was their time, they were doing whatever they wanted, and I saw it was the best time of the day for all of us, also I was PRESENT, FULLY PRESENT, hearing what they need to say, committed with the playing, I turned off my phone and I was there for them, and the next day when I arrived home the mom always told me that My girl told her that she had a great time of whatever we did the last day in quality time, so that told me that the best part of the day to my girl is “my quality time”. Yes, she also enjoyed my craft time, the park, and THE MOVIES, but she loved the time I was really fully present with her.




I know it’s hard, and most when you have a big problem in your head, I’ve been there, but you really need to put your problems behind your head, and think that this time is not coming back, and you REALLY need to enjoy spending time with your kids, I know moms that the very thought of spending quality time with their kids scares the hell of hers, maybe because is not fun spending time with them, if you’re ones of those moms I can recommend to baby step with your kids, do not force them to spent time with you, try EVERY DAY, turn off the phone, forget about problems and just ask ¿what you want to do right NOW? Maybe they answer “nothing”, “watch a movie” or something else, just do whatever they want if they answers “Nothing” you can say “Can I do nothing with you?” just try.



So, in resume some Tips.

Forget about Any Problem
Turned off phones, Ipads, TVs, any electronic device.
Be fully present
Be Constant
Be fun.
ENJOY IT


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutcracker 1

Show Us Your Life - International Day

SUMMER