Who Is Your sitter/Nanny?

Some days i wonder how do the mother that don't have a Nanny to take care of her children while she is cleaning the house, cooking etc, my mother use me to take care of my little sister meanwhile she was cleaning the house, my aunts I really don't know what they did with my cousins so before be a nanny always wonder what does the mother with her kids while she was cleaning the house?.

My answer: the TV, that is the most popular nanny in the world.



As a teacher we don't suggest to the parents  use the TV as a Nanny , is better put the kid to help you to cleaning the house, or go and play outside, for teachers the TV is not good for kids, we based in theories that we teach in the college.



As a Nanny, i think that use the TV for control the kids is a good idea, some days the kids are just crazy around the house and is more easy for me play to the "movies" and turn off the lights, make popcorn and they chose a movie to see. I don't do this all the time because im the nanny is supposed that i have to play with them, and i believe that much TV is to bad, so i go 4 days a week and maybe one day we play "movies" but there week or months wen the kids don't see any movies while i'm there.


as a parent (I am not a mother yet, but as a nanny some days i have to play that role). The other day my boss had to go out and the women who clean the house was with her family, so I stay alone with both kids, we had lunch and then my boss leave, and the kitchen and dining room was  a mess, my job I do not clean, but i can't see a house like that, so i put the kids to play "movies" meanwhile i was cleaning the kitchen and the dining room, and even that the kids chose the movies was a challenge clean all that, because once in a while they come to me to ask something, they don't even finished to see the movies, thanks god the all was cleaning by then.

So I'm a teacher, a Nanny and a Parent and my conclusion is:
The TV is are best friend if we know how to use, we have to be alert what the kids are seeing in TV, we have to have a balance between the TV  and the plays outside. Don't feel guilty if one day your kids only see TV for the day, once in a while is not too bad, don't feel bad if one day you wanna have a little time for you and the only way to your kids stay still is watching TV, don't feel guilty if one day you wake up and you don't wanna be a responsible  parent is normal, that means that you are a human beside a parent!
But ALWAYS ALWAYS pays attention that what your kids are seeing in TV. 

So who is your Nanny?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutcracker 1

Show Us Your Life - International Day

SUMMER