The day that I did my first line to get Toilet Paper

Hi Guys, today I want to talk about how we the Venezuelans are living.


Might you know might you don't, but here the situation is very difficult, and every day is worse, we have about three years suffering from shortages of products, SEVERAL MAIN products. as Shampoo, Soap, toilet paper, napkins, diapers, wipes, coffee, rice, milk, and others ones, the problem is that we have a foreign exchange controls, so we or the businessman can just go to the bank and ask for the money in dollars so they can buy stuff and bring here, they have to pass several "test" and even then maybe the government do not approved to give the money, maybe for you is crazy and doesn't have any sense, but that's true... So what happen? the businessman and companies can't export a thing to Venezuela and for that the supermarkets are empty, also in other hand because of this exchange control, exist the black market of $$, this mean that 1$ in the black market cost about 280bs but 1$ in the exchange control cost about 13bs, the thing is that NOBODY can't have access to those dollars in the exchange control, the government put so many obstacles that it's almost impossible to access to the dollars, so most people buy dollars to travel in the black Market and also the businessman and for the most products are very expensive BUT very, BUT BUT, the government doesn't like to have expensive products so they  regulates the price of the products, so this mean that it doesn't matter how much you pay the dollars, you have to sell the product to the price that they decide!  and you know that's it's not a good business right? so most companies closed their doors, and the few that still are here are choking, so because all that WE'RE suffering, and we can't find a thing, and when the groceries stores has those products the lines are HUGE, I mean you can be in a line for about 2 hours just to get 2 package of 4 toilet papers and we do the line because WE NEED the toilet paper of course





So last Week I did my first LINE EVER, I did it because we were just with 4 rolls of toiler paper, and we  need it desperate, so when my mom called me to tell me that in the grocery store were selling toilet paper I run (literally) to the store to buy then, I ran because the night before my mom and me did another line and when we were close to the store the toilet paper was ran out, so this time I went faster and did the line I was "lucky" because Yes I finally got the toilet paper and because I just wait
an hour in line to get it, when most time you have to wait about 2 hours or more, in the line yo made "Line Friends" you get to know a person life in just one hour, I talked with the lady in front of me and the one behaind me, they told me about their kids, about how awful the situation is, and some other stuff, when we got ours toilet papers we just disappear!

How do I Felt? well you know that feeling that most people felt when they got their Iphone, the new version,the one you always wanted?? well, that was my feeling when I got the toilet paper in my hands, I literally couldn't believe, for ONE second I was happy over toilet paper, people around me was very excited and happy, with big smiles in their faces, because of toilet paper but next second I felt stupid and depressed!! I couldn't believe that I was SOOO HAPPY over toiler paper, that's not normal (I mean it for occidentals countries) or a least it wasn't normal 15 years ago, but now it's normal to see LONG line of people outside of drugstores and grocery stores waiting to buy something and feel happy just for find Shampoo or toilet paper.

So that's my story about how I got Toilet paper and my First Line ever




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutcracker 1

Show Us Your Life - International Day

SUMMER