Rough Hand

This is my first real post!! I wasn't planned to post today. and not even this post, but I need to write down, so I can look back later.

As you know I am in Spain living with my sister and her family, including my beautiful, brilliant, kind, sassy and strong head niece Emma, I love Emma with all my heart, she's so funny and intelligent little girl and I'm in love with her, and she, well.... I like to think that she is too, although today was a rough day for both.

My Niece as a ONLY child and ONLY niece, we have to admitted she is very spoil (Fun fact:I don't like the meaning of this word in Spanish, Spoil in Spanish is like "damage", we use another word, the translated for English could be like  "bad raising", but I know the real meaning of this word in this context, it just that I wanted to let you know) so yeah we know it, when she was 3 and she had a tantrum I really didn't get mad at her, I knew it was a normal reaction, and that you need to correct them and I could deal with that, but now that she's four and going to school, she's not only having tantrums, she's been rude and misbehaving every day, and I CAN'T deal or allow that; yesterday her mother lost the little patience that she had and stopper her for being rude anymore, my niece cried a lot, for one moment I thought that my sister was overreacting and if this would it happened last year I would calm down Emma, and confort her, but yesterday her mother was right and she needs a stop to this behave.

I'm very patient and more with the kids I love, but the things that she was doing and saying were out of control and I wasn't confortable allowing them anymore, so today was my turn of a day fulls of times out, yells, and honestly a very ROUGH hand, and I feel like she needed it.

We have a big problem in this house, SPACE, we don't have so much Space, and my niece doesn't has so many toys, but with the few that she has she does a very big mess in her room, and I'm tired of cleaning it, so because yesterday she fought with her mom because of that, her JOB today was cleaning her room all by herself, my job was cleaning the bathroom and bedrooms, and I thought that while I do that she could clean her room, we're in summer ITS SO FREAKING HOT, I just wanted to clean and go to the pool, I was cleaning fast so we could go, when I finished with the first Bathroom and I looked that she did "clean" her room by putting all the toys in her tend I loosed it! I told her to start cleaning again and put the toys were they belong, and not in the tend, and after that fight it came like 10 more, 20 times out, a lot of yells, a lot of threats, cries, and sweat, I was exhausted, I wanted so badly go to the pool, for a second I thought of giving up and just go to the pool, but just for one second, I knew that SHE NEEDED this days, she needs to have boundaries and know  its the time to do it, she finally clean her room all by herself, after 5 hours fighting with me, I ended upset and TIRED.

 I know most people don't talk about this kinds of days, but we might need to start because raising kids ins't easy and knowing that there's another person going through the same as you it makes you feel like you're not alone, you aren't a bad parent and that its normal and necessary to have this days when you say its enough of the misbehave , having rough hand with kids is necessary, they need to know that they're rules AT HOME as well at School.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutcracker 1

Show Us Your Life - International Day

SUMMER